Like many women around the world, I’d been wanting and trying to get my hands on a tube of Kylie Jenner’s new Matte Liquid Lipstick & Lip Liner set. After hearing nothing but great things about them and seeing all the hype (they typically sell out of stock 5-10 minutes after every single release), I was not only intrigued but very skeptical. I might’ve only freaked out a little when I was able to snag not one, but TWO kits of her new shade “22” last week. These sets come in a handful of gorgeous colors for $29 a pop at KylieCosmetics.com.
| My first impression |
It’s simple, unique and made with great quality materials.
- It comes sharpened but eventually you will need a sharpener.
- It’s very smooth and creamy, making application effortless.
- It smells like cotton candy (YUM!!!), but as it dries it becomes odorless. I like this, because I don’t want to be stuck smelling the same constant scent all day. It just makes applying it even more enjoyable.
- Its formula is hard to explain. It seems thick because of how pigmented it is (it covers everything, isn’t streaky and looks amazing on) yet it’s so thin I forget I’m wearing it throughout the day.
- It looks orange in the tube, which is naturally intimidating. But once on and dried, it looks more like a burnt orange-ish/red color (which just so happens to match my hair perfectly!).
- The wear time of this lipstick is extremely impressive. Even after eating and drinking, it’s still in place and looking fabulous. Not to mention the liquid lipstick doesn’t transfer! However, I’m not too sure about the liner. It seems as though that’s not as stay-proof as the liquid lipstick. But regardless, it’s not bleeding or smudging all over.
- I do have to be honest with you and tell you that no, after applying this product your lips aren’t going to feel like you just put on your favorite chapstick. If you expect to wear long-lasting, transfer proof, matte liquid lipstick and feel super moisturized then you’re living in a fairytale, my dear. Like any and every matte liquid lipstick, it’s going to dry. The great thing about Kylie’s is that it doesn’t dry to the point of getting stiff or feeling like you have “old lady” lips. After wearing it for about four hours straight, I did find that a quick swipe of my favorite Bloke Body chapstick in “Sweet Mint” did just the trick for me.
| Application |
- Make sure your lips are moisturized, this will give you optimal results with ANY lipstick you use. Dry, flakey lips look extra gross with color on them.
- Use the lipliner to line your lippies. To get that full, “Kylie” look I recommend going slightly over your natural lip line. I know, I know, this sounds scary. But the great thing about this lip kit is that the formula is designed for you to be able to do that without looking like you just made out with a popsicle.
- Apply the liquid lipstick. It’s just that easy! One coat and you’re good for hours upon hours!
| My conclusion |
This stuff is totally worth the hype, price and work (if you can snag one before they sell out). People don’t go crazy over it just because it’s got the Kardashian name linked to it, this lipstick is legit! I’m beyond impressed and will definitely be trying my best to get a few more shades that I’ve had my eye on. Because I love it so much, I’m very excited to give someone the opportunity to enjoy it, too!
*** Kylie Matte Liquid Lipstick & Lip Liner (in shade “22”) GIVEAWAY!!! ***
How to enter:
Follow the instructions on my Instagram photo HERE.
This giveaway ends on March 22, 2016 and the winner will be chosen and announced by the end of that week!